Negligent Homicide (Death of an iPhone)
10:54 AM | Author: swizcore
I'm gonna make this short as it sickens me that there is no need for judge or jury; I did it. Guilty of iPhone homicide.

Hudsens first dip in the pool, I remember sitting my 3G on the table to apply sunscreen. What I don't remember is picking it back up and putting it in the Velcro pouch on my swimming shorts.

Fast forward 20 minutes; Hudsen having a blast jumping from the pool edge into the pool with a complete disregard or knowledge of what awaits were I to not catch him. Tag Team to Mom for Hudsen patrol while I advance to the hot tub. Relaxing for a good 7 minutes when my right hand dangled to my Velcro pouch making contact with a noticeably solid foreign object. Hmm, I thought... Nahh, I thought... I then proceeded to investigate the objects dimensions with my digits realizing quickly that indeed I had just royally fucked up; well "just" 25 minutes ago.

Immediately I felt just like Hester Prinn in the Scarlet Letter, I was a lowlife slutbag whom had just been outed as an unfit father, totally void of responsibility or the deservedness of owning(parenting) such a fine device.
My chest sunk, my heart rate dropped, face flush and vision blurred as I peered out of the hot tub toward the Mrs. In the pool with Hudsey.
"We've got a little bit of an emergency here", I said. Her brow furrowed, head dipped slightly as she said simply, "what"? My answer was simple, in a motion befitting a dark comedy masterpiece, I simply raised my hand from the depths of the water holding the dead as a doornail, rigormortis'd device face out towards wifey. Her reply was equally exquisite in it's simplicity; "Really?!".
Unfortunately, yes; this was really happening... errr, happened.

Fast forward to today, luckily both of our contracts were met so I was able to upgrade to a white 16g 3GS and will still be able to upgrade the wife's phone to the as yet unreleased iPhone later this year.
Unfortunately I'm still waiting on a Jailbreak for this 3GS; having an unJB'en iPhone is like having an iPhone in a condo with no WiFi and limited cellular network... Oh wait, I have that too :-/.

-- Post From My 3GS

Location:Gulf Blvd,Indian Shores,United States

|
This entry was posted on 10:54 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On April 11, 2010 at 12:50 PM , Peter Sundell said...

I am actually quite impressed with your writing abilities. The post was well written and thought out. My condolences goes out to you and your iPhone. Btw, you misspelled "wife's" in the second to last paragraph.

 
On April 11, 2010 at 12:55 PM , swizcore said...

Were you lead to believe I would have lackluster creative writing skills?